Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend

Wow! What a change in the weather around here. After snow just a few posts ago, we had weather in the 70's - 80's this weekend, I'm actually sunburned!

Kirk and our friend Brian built me some storage shelving for the basement on Saturday, they did such an awesome job! I'm hoping to fill them this week and start going through boxes in the basement in preparation for the rummage sale in a few weeks. While the shelves were being built, the wives spent the afternoon soaking up the sun and knitting on the patio while the kids played in the sandbox. We cooked out burgers and brats from the Brian/Alevya family and the remainder of our volleyball team and their kids came for dinner too. It was such a nice night, we had a fire in the backyard and just had a blast! Thanks to everyone who brought food and for coming!

I'm now knitting socks for my good friend and neighbor Staci. I have one done, casted on Saturday and finished last night. They are ankle socks so they went pretty fast. I think the pattern is for super narrow feet though so I just cast on another sock with some adjustments in the pattern, hopefully this time it will come out perfect. The baby blanket is at about 12 inches long, only have to get to 34! It's so cute, I just love it! I'm hoping to whip out these socks and then get back to the blanket. I also have to add 7 button holes and 15 buttons to my sister Jenny's denim jacket as we will see her the weekend of May 5. I have some mice for her cats that I knit and need to felt yet too. So many projects, so little time!!!!

Brendon and I are running 2 miles for the first time today. We did 1.5 miles last week and that went ok. After this week, life will get even more interesting as Brendon will start soccer on Tuesdays and Thursdays, this on top of running after school Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Summer is in site though and we'll be ready for some chilling!

Gotta make lunch for the youngsters! More some time! :)

Julie

2 comments:

Paul said...

We had a 36-person tailgate at the Brewer game on Saturday night. The weather was super awesome (shorts!) and we had an awesome time. Glad it was nice up there too.

Paul said...

So, how about the most RECENT weekend? It was way more nicer yet!