Thursday, November 1, 2007

A day late, a candy bar too short...

Happy Halloween, 1 day later.

We spent last Sunday scooping pumpkins and carving faces. Jack stuck his hands in for a good while and loved it. I did help with the carving. We then picked through 4 pumpkins worth of guts to get as many seeds out as possible. 5 cups! Not too bad. I used these recipes:
Spiced Pumpkin Seeds

Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds

Yum!

Ok, Google isn't letting me post more pics at the moment so try here for more Halloweeny pictures.

On the knitting side of things, I ran out of yarn for my Carolyn sweater, I have a post on the Elann website searching for 1 skein of the yarn I need. I only have 2 rows (around the front and neck) of the thing and then 1 row and binding off with the other color. Hopefully this will work out.

Luckily, my dear husband ordered me some tasty yarn from Knit Picks (wonder how he knew what kind and colors!) So I cast on for another sweater for Moi and have some more stashed away for the second. The cast on:This is my first fair isle work and after ripping a little, I think I have the hang of it, I really like this! The pattern is Road to Golden.
This is from Knitscene Fall 2007 . I won't post the other til I start but it's a bulkier weight jacket from the Drops site.

Tomorrow's the big day - I turn 33! I ordered some yarn from the Loopy Ewe today, thought I was worth it. Then the mail came and I had a card and gift of money from my in laws so I ordered these! And this! My dear friend/neighbor Staci stopped by the other day with this! And my Mother in law gifted me this last Saturday. Now if I'd only learn to spend less time perusing patterns and things online and more time knitting......hey, goal for this year, I guess!

Happy birthday to me tomorrow! Kirk and I are celebrating with friends tonight.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Happy Birthday Julie!!!