Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Few FO's, Some WIP's and Holiday Knits

I've continued knitting up a storm, it's an odd day when there is no knitting involved although I have had a few. Somehow I got in a "finish mode" recently and was able to crank out some of my hibernating items. Let the photos begin!

Here is one of Brendon's flap Gryffindor mittens. He does have a pair, trust me. These were fun to make and I may have to make some for myself. For the mitten, I used The Basic Mitten pattern from The Handy Book of Patterns. The flap comes from Handknit Holidays. It took a day to make 1 mitten. I need to add snaps on the flaps so they stay secure when open yet. The yarn is Plymouth Encore Worsted left over from the Gryffindor hat I knit him for Christmas.


My most recent FO is my Carolyn sweater. I first cast on for this sweater last summer but had to frog as I didn't get gauge. I started over in August 2007 and finally finished in January 2008! I love it, it fits great, it's comfy and it's stripedy! I did have to order 2 balls of yarn once I got to the button band but all is good. This was knit with Elann Peruvian Highland Wool. I think I will get a lot of wear out of this sweater.So, onto my wips. I'm really trying to clear things out so I can move on to patterns in the wonderful knitting books I received for Christmas!

WIP List (I'm not counting socks as I seem to always have socks going! :o))
Lastly, here are some Holiday knits that I hadn't posted earlier.

Alyssa's Ripple Eyelet hat

Alyssa's purple Elf Socks

Drops Cardigan for my sister Jean

Mom's gloves in Knit Picks Elegance with beading.
Last, but certainly not least. GO PACK GO!!!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Well, of course you had to frog when you didn't get gauge. If I had any clue what that was, I might be able to relate...