Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year!


Wow, time sure does fly when you are having fun. These socks won me some sweet yarn on New Year's Day! The pattern comes from the Sockamania group for December and I was able to finish by the end of the month (barely). How surprised was I when I checked the blog on New Year's Day and saw I was one of the names picked and got to choose something from Anni's Etsy shop.
I chose some yummy yarn, I'll post a pic when it arrives.

I've been pretty slacky with posting. Christmas came and went and I have nothing here to show you. I need to update my Flickr! account with pics soon. Brendon is home sick today so I've been fiddling with some things online. Doubt I will get pics added as I should sanitize the house, Jack had it Saturday, yuck!

I didn't really make resolutions this year although I did come up with a few things that I would like to achieve or at least work on for 2008.

1. Eat better! Our whole family could benefit by eating more fruits and veggies.

2. Work out again! - After catching a cold in early December, I slacked. Last week I worked out Wednesday and met with a trainer on Thursday. I planned to go today but not with the kids being sick. I'm signed up for a 6:05 am class on Tuesdays, which starts tomorrow too. EARLY!

3. Finish my knitting projects - I seem to end up with too many ufo's, I need to stop that.

4. Learn something new! - I decided this would be spinning so I ordered a drop spindle and some roving from Spunky Eclectic , this is en route too, pics to come soon!

5. Sew more - I started with making Jack some pajamas yesterday. So fun!

6. Read more - I'm such a slacker on this one. I am working on finishing Knitting Under the Influence though so hopefully I can at least read a book a month.

Those are the biggies, then there is the annual keep the house cleaner/ less cluttered and stuff like that.

Anywho, we rang in the new year with our neighbors and the boys stayed up til 12 and we popped party poppers on the porch at midnight and then it was off to bed!

So that's it. Long drawn out post with not a whole lot in it. I suppose I should work on my blogging too this year. ...

Happy 2008!

No comments: